Monday, April 26, 2010

Memory Upgrade – I9 Phone

Well we are back with some more helpful tips about the I9 Phone. Last time we explained how to get songs onto your I9 phone, if you have been putting songs and taking pictures you are probably running out of memory and it’s getting a little frustrating. Well what most people don’t know is that you can increase the memory on your I9 cell phone simply by changing the memory card for a larger one. Now I know that some of you may be nervous about doing this yourself but that’s why I am putting up this post, I did it with mine and now I have tones of room for memory and honestly it was so simple it’s scary. So without wasting too much time let’s get to the memory upgrade instructions for your I9 Phone.

First you will need to get yourself a new BIGGER microSD card, and then you will need your phone and some tools. No not a hammer just two screw drivers on Philips and on flat head.

Now you will take the two small screws out from the bottom of the phone using the Philips screwdriver, once that is done you simply pull the back off the phone (you may use the small flat head to get on side started)
once the back is off you (with some care) gently pry the battery off which is simply locked in place using two sided foam tape, now you can either use your hands and simply pull the battery off but make sure not to pull the sim card slot apart as the battery is taped to it, so make sure you hold the sim slot with one hand and pull with the other. I use the flat head and simply place it between the slot and the battery and slowly pry the battery off.


Once you have the battery off your phone should look like this.



Ok now looking at your phone you should see the memory card at the top right of the phone, the bracket holding it is placed in such a position that you cannot simply slide the SD card out, so how do you change it? Simple just slide the steel holding case down and it will pop up.

From here all you do is switch the SD card that came with your phone for the BIGGER one you have and then close the steel holding case and slide it up to lock the new bigger memory in place. Now you stick the battery back into place, put the back cover back on your phone, making sure it is clicked into place properly, then put the screws back in and voila you now have more memory and if you need even more then all you have to do is purchase a bigger SD card and do it again.

This procedure is very simple and doesn’t take anytime at all to do, the first time I did it it took me a total of 10 minutes, but now that I have done it I can upgrade my I9 Memory in just a few minutes. Actually it takes me longer to get the screw drivers out and put them away than it takes for me to change out the memory. This is the great thing about most of the electronics from china they are easy to update and integrate into your day to day life style.

No comments:

Post a Comment