Friday, April 16, 2010

Convert WMA files to MP3


For those of you who have purchased the I9 phone or are thinking of purchasing one because it doubles as a cell phone and a media player, we are here to help you figure out how to put your music and contacts onto it.


First and foremost the I9 is a copy of the apple IPhone and there for does not work with I-Tunes directly, instead it works with Windows Media player. Now everyone’s question has been “how do I get my music onto the I9?” well first you need to convert your current library to MP3 format and then sync with the I9, and we will give you step by step instructions to help you accomplish this task. Trust us when we say once you have done it once it is as easy as cutting a piece of cake.

1st you will need an Audio Conversion Program, we use Switch, although there are many other types out there, we have found this one to be more the style we like to work with.
This explanation will assume that we have a certain CD we want, but as you will see if you are wanting to use your current library you will just skip down a few steps.
First rip a new CD with Windows Media Player. It should look like this as it is being ripped by WMP:

Once that task is done you will need to start up the Switch program, what you will see is a blank screen like this:











Now click on "Add Folder" and you can select the new CD by looking in My Documents/My Music:You are almost ready. The last step is to pick the output format of your choice:







Now you need to choose MP3 in order to transfer your music to the I9, but as you can see the program has quite a range of options.



With the audio input the audio output format selected, as well as the destination disk specified, all you have to do now is select ALL the files to convert and click the "Convert" button on the top right. As with most programs now days you will get a progress window like this:






You now have MP3 audio files from your WMA format files.

Now to place your new MP3 files onto your I9 phone:
Ok plug your I9 phone into your computer using the supplied USB cord. Now go to “my computer” look for the drive letter that your device is connected to and open it, this should open up and show you the folders you currently have on your I9, look for the “my music” folder once you have found that you simply highlight the folder that now has your songs you just converted (to MP3 format) and drag it over the (my music) folder and select copy. When the status bar is gone you have now finished putting music on your new I9 phone.


1 comment:

  1. whole seller provide many chines mobile for example watch mobile ,TV mobile n900 dual sim card slide mobile phone

    ReplyDelete