Monday, March 21, 2011

Back Links, Anchor Text, Reciprocal Links, One way Links.

FIRST: I found that Reciprocal links are good but unfortunately you have to look at their content and page rank very closely, first make sure their content is related to yours, you are creating these links to generate possible targeted traffic, if your site sells paper and the site you are exchanging links with sells cars the chances of anyone from the car site will click on your link as they are there looking for a car NOT paper.

You also should watch their Page Rank (PR) as the higher the number they have obtained from Google the more value Google will put on your link exchange. This is not to say that you shouldn’t exchange links with sites that have a PR of 0 as you yourself are probably at a PR0 also. Earlier I told you about the two link exchange sites I use and I still use them but I have started looking to exchange links with similar content but that have a PR2 or higher, I still exchange with sites who have a lower page rank but similar content. I have noticed this type of move seems to slowly be bringing my site farther and farther up the Organic Search Results (OSR).

SECOND: I found that Google puts a higher value on ONE WAY LINKS (links to your site with no return link) than Reciprocal, however these are ery hard to come by and they usually cost. The more one way links you have the higher your PR becomes and let’s be honest we all want page one as that’s where the traffic and money are at. So how do I get one way links? Well go online type in free one way links and start the research phase again. Out of the hundreds of sites offering free one way links I have finally found one that does exactly what it says it will do. I don’t have to sit online surfing for hours a day just to get one free back link, honestly I just don’t have the time to do that. But this free traffic system does it for me, I can add my site or blogs to help gain some targeted traffic and one way back links or I can just place a banner on my sites to help generate the first step of my one way links. So far I like the fact that it is pretty much an auto pilot system but not totally, which for me is good because I still want to be hands on but with a little help to lighten the load.

THIRD: Anchor Text was another SEO factor that I thought I was doing correct, however after my continued learning I found out that my theory was there but I was doing it TOTALY WRONG. Let me walk you through what I have discovered an Anchor text should be.

Ok so anchor text is a hidden link, and as I have already learned is links are good, but what I had not learned till recently is that you should use anchor text as part of your SEO and key words. Anchor text looks something like Electronics at discount prices Now with anchor text the idea is instead of displaying the URL you display a word which links to the URL, the word is the anchor text. So in the example http//www.wholesale-mega-store.com would be the hidden link and the anchor text would be Electronics at discount prices. Great for me as I have been placing links all over the internet, the only problem is my anchor text has NOT been geared up to my key words so although I thought I was doing good, in reality I did myself very little in the way of promoting my key words, which in return hinders my rankings for said key words. So what I really want to do is place anchor text (hidden links) with words that are part of my key word and overall SEO.

So for my site, which dealt with electronics at discount prices I should be using anchor text like (electronics, discount, wholesale prices, discount electronics) and so on, unlike the anchor text I have been using such as “learn more” “look no further”, plus many more WRONG type of words related to my site.

No comments:

Post a Comment